Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!



Hi everyone!  I have two cards to share today.  Neither one is an Easter card but I wanted to make sure and wish you all a Happy Easter!  The first card is for my dear Grandma who fell recently and broke her hip.  She has a long road ahead of her so I wanted to make something that will help cheer her up.  She loves my cards and is one of my biggest fans:)


All of the designer paper is from Stampin Up! 'Vintage Springtime'.  I love all the soft colors.  The cute tree stamp is from Hero Arts as well as the 'Hello' sentiment.  I used Die-namics dies for the flowers and for the photo corner and Verve  dies for the leafy flourish and the butterfly. 



 I used the coordinating Verve butterfly stamp too and added lots of colored gems and a large pearl for accents.   This card was finished off with a bow made from cabage ribbon from the Prairie Bird Boutique at Etsy.com

I used the same beautiful paper on the inside with another Hero Arts sentiment.  All that is left is to write a sweet personal message to my Grandma.




The second card is for my nephews first birthday!  It's always exciting when your little one reaches that milestone and I wanted to celebrate by using lots of bright colors.  He is having a circus themed party so  I thought the lion and stars and stripes would be perfect!




All of this darling paper is from My Mind's Eye 'Fly a Kite' 6x6 paper pad.  There were so many cute paper choices in that collection that it was hard to choose.  The lion, cloud and ric rack trim are all rub-ons from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I cut the balloons with my Cricut and added some twine from Pink Paislee.



I kept the inside very simple but cute!  I used more of the designer paper, added another balloon and another rub-on -this one a little birdie.  I used my printer to print out the sentiment.

Thanks for checking out my blog! 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandma. This is a beautiful card, I'm sure she's going to love it! What a fun card for a first birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...