Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet Thoughts


I made this card today for a very special person in my life that received some very disappointing news today.  She has been having a rough time lately and I wanted to let her know I am thinking about her and that things will get better.  I hope this card will brighten her day and her outlook.


I am also using this card for Mojo Monday 236.  Above is the sketch.  The sketch seems very simple but I really like the layout.  It let me showcase the beautiful 6x6 paper -'Sugar Chic'- by Heidi Swapp.  There were so many cute papers in this collection that I had a hard time choosing.


From Verve Stamps I used the Rounded Scallop frame die and put it around this sweet sentiment from the 'Words of Wisdom' set.  All of the panels were stitched together and I added a sparkly pink ribbon from Caramelos Shop at Etsy.comhttp://www.etsy.com/.  The raised flowers were cut from some of the same paper collection.  Some liquid pearls and two pink crystal candy dots complete the front of the card.


I kept the inside pretty plain because I am going to write something special inside.  I used the same paper collection and scalloped one piece.  Again, stitched them all together and the inside was finished.  I will be putting this in the mail soon in hopes that it brings a smile to a very important person.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...