Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Wish

Hi everyone!  My daughter just graduated from the University of Denver this past Saturday and I wanted to show you all the 'card' I made for her.  It is actually a mini book but I knew she would appreciate something so beautiful (and big!)
I knew I wanted to use the lyrics from the Rascal Flatts song 'My Wish'.  I think the words to this song are perfect for someone just starting out on their own.  I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to put it together until I saw this photo book by KOLO.  I then saw the 12 x 12 Echo Park 'This and That Graceful' paper and the idea really started to come together! 

 All of the lyrics were printed on solid coordinating Bazzil paper and then cut out using all sorts of My Favorite Things Die-namics dies and one Spellbinders die. 
 It was so much fun to mix and match all of these gorgeous papers and stickers and then even more fun to add all of the embellishments!  I used  ribbon and gems, pearls and cabochons, twine, brads and all other sorts of cute things I kept finding in my stash:)  Of course I wrote a very sweet message to her on the final page!
I could show you all of the pictures- there were 11 pages in all but I picked out some of my favorites to showcase. If you have never listened to the song 'My Wish' by Rascal Flatts, I highly recommend it.  It is a very sweet song and it was perfect for my daughters graduation. 
This is a recent picture of me and her in Hawaii.  Gorgeous girl and I am so very proud of her!

Thanks for checking out my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song! What a genius you are, this is wonderful! Your daughter will cherish this always. I love that paper pad too, so much so, that I haven't brought myself to use it yet! (there are some things too pretty to use! lol!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...