Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

To the Beach (I Wish!)


Hi everyone!  The weather in Colorado has been great and I love it here but I would much rather be on a beach somewhere by the ocean.  I have to satisfy my yearning with a little creativity.  I made this canvas for the Kraftin' Kimmie 'Anything But a Card' Challenge and I have been wanting to use my new 'Going Places' stamps and so I thought a beach scene would be perfect.


I painted the canvas with acrylic paints and then cut up a combination of yellow, green and blue papers for the scene.  Some are Stampin' Up DP, most are from Echo Park 'Summer Days.  The cute little beach sign is from the Fancy Pants 6x6 paper pad 'Wave Searcher'.  I colored this beach bound beauty with Copic markers and the shells are from beaches I have visited!  I am going to hang this in my craft room and dream.............

p.s.  I have to add just because I am so proud of her and I love her so much, my daughter is graduating cum laude from the University of Denver this Saturday!  Woo hoo!!

Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Genius!! I love this, it's a fantastic idea! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so cute! Love this. Congrat's on your win.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...