Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sweet Get Well!


Hi everyone!  Get Well cards are not something I make a lot of (thankfully) but I couldn't resist when I saw this darling sentiment (see below) in the Raisin Boat Stamp set 'Sweet Treats'.  It also happens to be the title of one of my favorite songs from Mary Poppins!


I used an older I{heart}2 Stamp SFYTT sketch for this card and the layout was perfect for showcasing the cute candy stamps in this set!  Love her sketches!


The background was created using a cuttlebug embossing folder and Raisin Boat's Lollipop stamp.  I stamped all of the candy images with Memento Ink Tuxedo Black and then colored them in with Copic markers.  Sweet!  I then layered the candies on the fabulous Raisin Boat cardstock to really make them pop. 


One of my favorite things on this card is the stamping on the twill ribbon.  I used Memento Ink and it bled a little.  Staz-on or Brilliance would have probably worked better with less bleed but it still turned out terrific! Below are the Raisin Boat supplies used.



Thanks for checking out my blog!


3 comments:

  1. This is so fun! Love all of the yummy candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design, the colors and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so sweet (pun intended). I love how you put 'a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down', because it's a perfect line for this and I think it would help whoever is getting the card to have a good laugh. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...