Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Owl always love you!

Hello everyone!  I have a bittersweet post today.  My daughter who recently graduated from college, just returned from a San Francisco job hunt/interview trip.  While she was there she shopped a bit (of course!) and brought me home this darling stamp set from a San Francisco stamp company called Yellow Owl Workshop.  She knew I would love it and she made me promise to make her something with it.
She has always wanted to live in San Francisco and her trip went extremely well!! She will be moving there next week.  This is bittersweet because I am so excited that she is realizing one of her life-long dreams but I will miss her dearly.  In honor of her leaving home and to use this sweet stamp set, I made her a small picture.
I used colors that she likes and three different designer papers went into this.  The brown polka dots and tiny orange heart are from My Mind's Eye 'Honey Cake', the yellow polka dot background is from Teresa Collins 'Everday Moments' and the sentiment background is from Melissa Frances "Attic Treasures'  I layered them together and then added some tiny hearts cut with 'Tiny Tags' from Papertrey Ink.  The ink is all Memento and the trees are stamped in 'Morocco' and 'Pear Tart' and the cute owl in 'Peanut Brittle'. I knew I wanted to use the word owl in the sentiment so I came up with this and printed it out.  A small memento for what I am sure will be a small home and something to let her know how much we love her.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I don't want my little girl to move far away like that! You poor thing, you will have to visit her every chance you get! I am super impressed with her commitment to her dream, kudos to her! This will be perfect for her new place, a little piece of home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that she's moving away, but also happy for her at the same time! Have you thought about connecting with her via Skype? That's one way my family and I stay in touch.

    I love this stamped art! Very nice and I'm sure she'll love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...