Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A new technique for me!



Hi everyone!  Another card to share with you today that I created during Summer Card Camp 2.  This card shows a cool technique taught by Jennifer McGuire.  There were also some different color combos at the end of the week and so I jumped at the chance to use this bright and bold combination.


The technique uses a pencil to draw lines across your card stock before stamping and then the ink will stamp over those areas but not cover them and you are left with a cool design under your image. This is the grid of pencil lines that I drew onto my card stock.  I knew I would be filling in most of the area with images so I drew lines across the entire surface.  The downside to this is you have to erase the whole thing once the ink is dry but the result is worth the extra effort!


A close-up of one of the images with the pencil lines behind the ink.  Cool!




Here is the finished product!  I added a double layer banner of vellum that still allows the cheerful background to show through. I love this bright color combo and I think it works well with the silver embossing.  I added a bit of purple ribbon to the top and a few gems for a little sparkle.




Here is a shot of the inside of the card just waiting for a happy birthday message!


Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. How cool! I have never heard of that!! This is super pretty, and I love the extra accent of the faint lines!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...