Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Duckies for Charlotte!



Hi everyone!  A friend of mine recently asked me to create a birthday banner for her daughter's first birthday and of course I said YES! The invitation and cake featured trendy chevrons and polka polka dots in purple and turquoise and Charlotte's favorite toy is a rubber duckie!  So here you have the completed banner which was a big hit at the birthday party!


My Cricut really got a workout with this creation!  I cut all of the banner flags, large hearts and letters with it plus a lot of the flower embellishments. The cartridges I used include: Birthday Cakes, Straight From the Nest, Accent Essentials and Just Because Cards.

 How fun it was to decorate each piece of this banner!  I used lots of doilies- some die cut and some pre-cut.  The rosettes were cut with a The Cat's Pajamas die and I used lots of Papertrey Ink and My Favorite Things dies.



A close -up of the first half of the banner....


and the second half of the banner.....


The little rubber duckies are from Jolee's Boutique and are so adorable!


Lots of hearts, ribbon, gems and pearls went into this and I loved every second of it!  I threaded the banner onto ribbon and then tied each junction with more bows and some tulle. Here are some pictures of a few of my favorite pieces!



























Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

(some of the) Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word!!! They are going to flip over this!! It is absolutely darling!!! I have always wanted to make a banner, but haven't took the time to do it. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...