Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dahlia Delight!


Hi everyone! I pulled out some stamps the other day that had never been used and decided to give myself a challenge! Use (mostly) only these stamp sets and one 6x6 paper pad and see what I created! The new stamp sets were Delightful Dahlia and Delightful Dahlia Additions (so in essence only one stamp set) and the paper pad is the very soft and beautiful 'Sweet Afternoon' by Teresa Collins.



The first card I created is this Thank You card for my Grandma. The dahlias are single stamped on pink  paper and I layered those on graphic paper from the same set and added a couple of single stamped leaves. I wanted small sentiments and the ones from the DD sets are fairly wordy so I did add a small one from the Bountiful Banners from PTI. A bit of natural twine gives this card an even more vintage feel.



Next, I wanted to try my hand at the double and triple stamping with the DD additions and these two large dahlias are gorgeous if I say so myself!  I added some leaves, some more pretty paper from the pad and put all of this atop a beautifully embossed background. This big birthday sentiment is from the Birthday Bash Sentiments from PTI.



Lastly, an all occasion card featuring the smaller of the dahlia stamps. These are single stamped and layered over an embossed circle and banners cut from the Sweet Afternoon paper pad. I gave this card a fancy edge and added another small sentiment from the Bountiful Banners set.



I kind of like this challenge of keeping the supplies to a minimum. It sure does cut down on the mess on my desk and clean-up is a breeze!


Thanks for checking out my blog! BeeHappy!!

Supplies Used:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous floral!! I seem to repel flowers, they never look right to me when I try to use them! lol!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Love the colors and those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...