Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

TAWS Be Inspired Challenge #54


Hi everyone! Summer is definitely upon us and I am sharing a card featuring a beautiful Summer creature- the butterfly! I'm highlighting some of the beautiful new stamp images from The Alley Way Stamps! This is for the Be Inspired Challenge that now runs for a whole month! Check it out! The inspiration photo inspired me to use lots of pastels and soft florals.




I love the stained glass look of this butterfly image from the TAWS stamp set Fly By. All those sections just calling out to be colored. I used some distress inks in soft pastel shades and colored this little cuties body and wings. I overlaid the image with a piece of card stock stamped with a leafy image from the Big Chatter set and added in some more pastel designer paper banners. Lots of sequins for shine and a little green bow make for a soft and happy card!



The inside is decorated only with more flag banners and shiny sequins but it won't stay this way for long! I will be adding in a sentiment or, better yet, a nice long message to the lucky recipient!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bristol smooth surface paper
Stampin' Up Ink
Stampin' Up scallop border punch
Distress markers
Cartwright's sequins
Basic Grey 'Serendipity' designer paper
American Crafts ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute inspiration pic, and you captured it perfectly!!! Love the pretty Spring-like colors, and the sequins are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...