Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cards for Dads 2015!



Hi everyone! I know, I know... I am a little behind in getting these cards posted but it has been a busy summer! Father's day came and went but I still want to show the cards I created for my dad and my sweet hubby!


Growing up, my grandfather owned a Mobil gas station in Oklahoma and my dad spent many a weekend and summer helping out his dad there. When I saw the new Petite Places:City Station die from Papertrey Ink, I knew it would be perfect for my dad!

I kept to the red and blue color scheme of the Mobil stations and added in the star stamps as accents along with some enamel stars too. The only thing mine is missing is the winged horse on the logo! I was thrilled when my dad saw the card and said "that's a Mobil filling station!" 


I gave the front of the card a bit of dimension by keeping the bay door open and adding in the portico portion of the die. I couldn't resist adding in the sweet doggie too!




For my husband, I created a pint glass full of dark beer (Guiness is his favorite!) complete with foam. I dry embossed the foam for some fun texture and lightly sponged on some ink. I covered the glass in clear acetate for a realistic look and popped it off of a manly patterned background! The sentiment was printed out and added on a banner!


The inside is nice and simple with lots of room to write a special message to my sweet man! He has been the best Dad to our two children and I'm so lucky to have him in my life!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!


Supplies Used:
Gas Station Card
assorted card stock
Teresa Collins enamel shapes

1 comment:

  1. Most perfect masculine projects ever!!! I absolutely love how these turned out! I am so bad at doing guy stuff! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...