Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Lovely Flowers!



Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Hope you all have a wonderful and fun filled Labor Day Weekend! Todays card is all about flowers! 


The Blossoming Buds clear stamp set from Paper Smooches has the most gorgeous bouquets and I made the most of them by creating a beautiful border on this fold-up card. I die cut the bouquets first then embossed the images in white before doing a little water coloring with distress markers. Love the softness I get using these markers but you can always go back in and add a bit more color too!



I layered the blooms over a simple oval frame and stamped in a sweet sentiment from the same set. A tiny bouquet on the edge and some little polka dots are the finishing touches!



For the inside I masked off part of the sentiment and then embossed another bouquet. I also added clear embossing to the sentiment so I wouldn't get any smearing once I added the watercolors.




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Superior clear embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Such a soft and feminine card! Love these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! That floral border is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page [https://www.facebook.com/PaperSmooches] as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the August Anything Goes (wk5) challenge--- congrats! 

    WOOOOOOOOOWZA! This is absolutely beautiful! I love your stamping, embossing, and coloring- STUNNING!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...