Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Watercolors And Doodles!


Hi everyone! A pretty watercolor floral card today- this one with one of my favorite stamp sets from My Favorite Things, Pretty Poppies


I wanted the flowers to be more of a background for the large sentiment, so I masked off the center of the card before I stamped the poppy images in distress inks and then spread all of that gorgeous color around with a wet paintbrush! An easy but beautiful way to achieve a watercolor effect.


I used Hero Arts Black Dye Ink for the sentiment as it stamps so dark and solid and a black permanent marker was used to doodle around the flower edges for a bit of a thicker edge. For me, a card isn't really finished without some sparkle so I added in black glitter centers and pretty gems around the border.


The inside is pretty clean with a simple sentiment and more of those watercolored blooms off to one side. A few more gems add just the right amount of sparkle!  This is my last card to be entered into the MFT Card Design Superstar Contest going on right now. You should check out all of the fabulous entries!



Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Sharpie black permanent marker
loose black glitter



2 comments:

  1. Love the watercolor look!! I really need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, this card is stunning and SO well done! One of my favorites from the contest!

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...