Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fall Flowers!


Hi everyone! I was perusing some of my favorite blogs a while ago and came across this beautiful card that inspired me! Hers was created with a series of stencils and inks but since I didn't have those particular supplies, I wanted to try it with watercolors.


I first stamped the MFT images in Versa Mark ink and then embossed them in white so they would really pop against the dark background I was planning. I chose some bright colors from my Kuretake Watercolors and filled in all the images, going back after they had dried a bit to layer in more color.  Once all of the images were completely dry, I added in the brown background. 


Although the panel was beautiful on its own, I gave it a bit of visual interest by die-cutting the bottom at an angle and layering it over some orange card stock. I added in a few gold sequins and a gold thread bow for the final touches!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...