Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Inspirational Blooms!


Hi everyone! We crafters can find inspiration anywhere, am I right? Who knew I would find it in my daily shower! I have been using the Sweet Pea Golden Sugar Scrub by Bath and Body Works for a while (it is discontinued now) and always thought the graphics were beautiful and needed to be re-created into a card.


Once I received my new Concord & 9th 'You Are Enough' stamp set, I knew my inspiration would come to life! Plus, the sentiments, paired with these beautiful blooms, are perfect for Breast cancer Awareness month!


The large flower image was embossed onto my cardstock- the first one in clear and the other in white. I kept true to the colors of the graphics for the first card and blended Distress Inks in pinks and oranges and added in a bit of green and antique linen for a super soft flower. To mimic the gold dots of the graphics, I used a Uniball gold pen and doodled outside of the lines. The sentiment is also embossed in gold and i added a gold strip of paper to the side for some shine.


The second flower needed bolder colors, so I blended a couple of purples with the orange and continued to add color and blend until the colors were dark and vibrant. Since this bloom was a bit more dramatic, I added a large die cut sentiment in shiny gold to coordinate with the gold dots. The clear droplets add a nice finishing touch and don't distract from the gorgeous flower!



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Cartwrights sequins
The Paper Studio gold dot paper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...