Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas On A Tray!


Hi everyone! I needed some new Christmas decor so of course being the crafty person I am, I made my own! I was inspired by a frame I saw at my local Michaels store and came up with this adorable wall hanging!


The tray was natural wood and needed to be a brighter Christmas-y color. I chose red because it's my favorite and fit so well with the paper line from Carta Bella that I was using. I distressed it a bit first with a layer of black paint underneath, painted over that  with the red and then sanded a bit.


The hard part was choosing which papers would line the tray since all of the ones included with the CB  'Christmas Delivery' collection are adorable! I wanted to be able to change the photos over the years so I created all of the frames to be hung from attached clips which were adorned with their own ribbons and bows! 


I made three frames, one large and two smaller, to hold my treasured photos. The large one features this sweet tag that is layered with some cute pieces of the collection. A picture will slide underneath it and will be held by the clip.




















Both smaller frames also have attached tags that aren't completely stuck down so pictures will slide under too! I layered more of the paper collection stickers and chipboard along with my own sequins and gems!


I also added in some additional stickers and chipboard pieces for more fun decoration! I especially love this truck carrying a tree which I glittered up for lots of shine!


The final touches were a fun plaid bow adorning a charming winter spray of berries and pine cones! I even added one of the sticker elements to the center! Hope this inspires you to create some of your own Christmas decor!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Carta Bella 12x12 paper collection
Michaels 'Celebrate It' tray, spray, plaid ribbon
Craft Smart acrylic paint
Offray and Raisin Boat ribbon
metal clips from my stash
Kaiser craft gems


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...