Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Dahlia Love!


Hi everyone! Not every Valentine's Day card has to feature lots of hearts. Sometimes just expressing your love is enough!  This card does exactly that with a big, gorgeous bloom and pretty gold accents!



This dahlia stamp set by Papertrey Ink is one of my most favorite ever and I never get tired of creating with it. For this card I let one large dahlia take center stage and stamped it in deep fuchsia hues using all of the layers.  A smaller bloom is stamped in the background in lighter shades of pink. I gave each flower a gold center and added in a shiny gold leaf.


For the confetti bottom, I used a stencil to ink in varying shades of fuchsia moving the stencil a bit each time. Lastly, the gold was added in with the same stencil using a gold mist. I wanted the sentiment to stand out so I embossed it in bright white against a black background and added pretty scalloped gold edging. For even more shine and sparkle, I added in a few gold gems and sequins!



Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bazzil 'Sweetheart' card stock
Heidi Swapp Gold color shine
Paper Source gold paper tape
Wish by Mash gold sequins
Mark Richards gold gems

1 comment:

  1. Love your work. Like you, I really like this dalia. So bright and beautiful. Lovely design below your sentiment too.

    http://sunflowers-dragonflies.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...