Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Using Up Scraps!


Hi everyone! A lot of people have been taking the new year as a chance to clean and get things refreshed and I am no exception. I got some new furniture for my craft room and before it went in, I had to clean things up a bit and I found these watercolor panels from another project that never got used!  Well, I hate to waste my craft supplies (hoarder!) so I put them to good use and created a couple of bright and fun cards!


I used a stitched strip die to cut all of the watercolor panels into separate pieces and for this card, I kept the entire strip intact and stacked them onto a cream card base.  Keeping with the color scheme I also die cut some stitched flourishes and added those to the corner. I needed some contrast so I added a black sentiment and highlighted the whole card front with some shiny sequins! So easy and so pretty!


For the second card, I shortened the strips and changed the orientation. Again, I stacked the strips on top of another but left some bold, red background showing. I wanted this card to be in different colors, so I added in a bright blue die cut and sentiment! Since it is a Thank You card I mounted everything on a cheery yellow card base and added in some shiny candy dots!



What an awesome way to clean up my desk and not waste anything! Cute cards too!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
American Crafts card stock
Tailored Expressions 'Thanks' die
Doodlebug Design Twine
Freckled Fawn Candy Dots
Cartwrights sequins

1 comment:

  1. So bright and beautiful. Just my type of cards. They are gorgeous.

    http://sunflowers-dragonflies.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...