Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Jungle Baby!



Hi everyone! I have been wanting to do more coloring for the Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge but, as we all know, life sometimes gets in the way! I did find some time to create a couple of cards and this watercolor jungle scene is one of them! I was asked to make a jungle baby shower card and thought I would use the opportunity to enter the Color Throwdown #432 Challenge too! 




My colors aren't quite what the inspiration pic shows but close enough! I stamped these adorable jungle animals in light colored distress inks and then watercolored them in some fun babyish shades. I also stamped lots of tropical leaves and gave them a wash of watercolor in bright greens!



Behind all of the layering, there is a comic book frame that I watercolored in a light red. I used some fun animal print papers in yellows and greens to fill in the blank areas. They were a bit bright so I softened them by covering them in vellum and you are still able to see all of the fun prints!



All of the watercolored pieces each have a little Wink of Stella glitter on them. My pictures don't quite pick up on that but in person the shimmer is so pretty and perfect for this baby card! I added in a super sweet baby sentiment as well as some tiny iridescent blue hearts. So adorable!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Grafix Vellum
Martha Stewart 'Blueberry Slush' hearts
Offray ribbon



5 comments:

  1. This card rocks, but then so do all your cards. I'm so glad I recently found you and subscribed. This card is so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DARLING baby card!! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable jungle card! So many wonderful details on this design! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so busy and fun! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this card! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...