Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

Let Life Surprise You!


Hi everyone! It's funny how CAS cards take a lot of supplies sometimes! The card I have for you today is exactly like that! Lots of supplies and lots of steps involved- but it looks pretty so oh well....




I created this card for the Color Throwdown Challenge #440 and went with a floral theme since there was green in the color scheme. Always a good excuse to create with flowers! I knew I wanted to layer a flower die cut over a scallop circle frame so I cut that first into a white card base. My first try was to fill the open circle with an ink blended background but I wasn't so happy with it. I looked through my stash of patterned paper and found this bold pattern in bright yellow and green that would be perfect!



Once I completed the background, I die cut the pretty daisy image, stamped it in Memento Ink and then colored it with Copic markers in the challenge colors! There are two additional die cuts behind the colored one for added thickness! After laying it all out onto the card base and placing where my sequins would go, I decided to add in a subtle shimmer with some glitter embossed stamped images in a few of the corners. Adds just the right amount of detail to the card! I stamped the sentiment in the purple challenge color and added even more glitter to the centers of the daisies!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Cartwrights sequins
Copic Markers


2 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers and love the design! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this design! Such a beautiful take on the throwdown colors! So glad you played along with the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...