Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Succulent Trio!


Hi everyone! I am smitten with these Jane's Doodles Cactus stamps! They are so adorable and versatile! So cute in fact that I had to create three mini cards!

I recently bought the set of Ranger Distress Oxide Ink pads and decided I would use an old technique to create these cards. I stamped all of the cactus images in different green inks and once I was sure they were completely dry, I used rubber cement to cover them before using the oxide inks for color. 


I used a square acrylic block and applied two colors of the oxide inks to the square. I sprayed the block with a little water and then pressed down over the stamped/ rubber cement image.


Once the oxide inks were dry I gave each a tiny water spritz and blotted dry so a few water spots would show up. These inks are definitely thicker and more opaque that regular distress inks but have some very nice color! Once everything was dry, I simply peeled away the rubber cement and revealed the stamped image in a sea of color!


I stamped all of the big sentiments in dark black ink so they would really stand out and then added a different embellishment to each little card. I also layered the inked background onto a colorful card base for a nice pop! They are all super cute and a great size for tucking into a small gift!



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Elmers Rubber Cement
LilyBee Design Sweet Spot stickers


1 comment:

  1. Love your little cactus trio (or is it cacti trio)? Kudos for your photo props too. Your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...