Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Pastel Mother's Day!


Hi everyone! Flowers and pastels are always perfect for a Mother's Day card! I used the inspiration colors from this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge #441 to create a soft and pretty card for one of the beautiful moms in my life!







I had actually stamped the center fishtail flag earlier in the week but then I oversprayed it with Perfect Pearls and muted the color too much! I'm so glad I didn't throw it in frustration as it works perfectly for this challenge! I cut out the additional flags, lined up my images with the Misti and stamped in the other challenge colors of pink and aqua!



After layering all of the fishtail flags together, I die cut the 'you' several times from light purple card stock to give the word lots of dimension. I also added in a tiny sentiment stamped in aqua and some matching die cut flowers in the challenge colors.



Once I put the fishtail layers down on the card base, I thought it was just too stark so I die cut a scalloped background and stamped in several tiny dots in aqua. That one detail made such a difference! For the final touches, I added in some pretty crystal sequins and a few details to the inside of the card! 


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work!
    Thanks for joining us for Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...