Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Happy Haunting!


Hi everyone! Have I mentioned that I love decorating for Halloween?! Well I do and I have another fabulous project showcasing the beautiful and spooky 'Spellbound' paper collection from Simple Stories!


I just love it when a paper collection isn't all cute-sy and sweet and this one is perfect for Halloween with dark, rich colors and creepy images!  Plus, the stickers included are freaky too and I knew they would look awesome in a Halloween shadowbox!


This shadowbox is about 6 inches square and has great little cubbies just waiting to be filled up and decorated. The large cubby is the main attraction and I wanted to give it lots of depth and dimension. I used a piece of the 'Something Wicked' paper to create the background and then used the tree branch sticker to create depth and give the spooky spider something to hang from. I propped the frame  up and layered more sinister 'Spellbound' stickers with it. If you look closely, you can see that I added a tiny purple gem to the eyeball and some jewel drops to the potion in the bottle!


Each of the smaller squares features layered pieces of the other patterned papers and are all topped with small square stickers from the collection! I popped up different parts in each square for more dimension and added a couple of small gems to the spider and web.





I didn't want to pass up using the great 'Happy Halloween' sticker that is included on the sticker sheet! I applied the bottom half to a folded piece of patterned paper, leaving the top portion of the words free. I adhered the paper to the top of the shadowbox and added in one small word sticker as well! Such a perfect addition to my scary Halloween decor!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
6" craft store shadowbox
Kaiser craft gems
silver thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...