Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Summer Bouquet!


Hi everyone! I don't know about your neck of the woods but here in Colorado it has been raining and raining and raining... This is not our typical hot summer weather and I needed some color to brighten up my day. A cute jar of pretty flowers was just the thing!




The jar of flowers was stamped first in Memento ink and then colored in with Copic markers. To achieve the watercolor background with the white border, I applied a coat of rubber cement over the entire image adding extra for the border. I let it dry completely before I added in my bright background color wash.



After the watercolors were dry, I slowly and carefully peeled off the rubber cement and then added in a few details with a white Signo gel pen. To make the colors really pop I mounted the watercolor paper onto a bright pink background and then onto a simple kraft card base. I added in some rustic twine and a few candy dots for accent along with a simple but sweet sentiment.




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Kraft card stock
Bead Landing hemp cord
 Copic Markers
Deckle edge scissors

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this and the bright and beautiful colors fit right in with my current blog challenge ~ Keen on Neon :)

    Won't you join me?

    Jeannie T. ~ Dragonfly Journeys
    http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/2017/08/challenge-no-98-keen-on-neon.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...