Pages

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Flowers and Stripes!


Hi everyone! The color combo for this weeks Color Throwdown Challenge #459 is one of my favorites! I love the bold look of red and black on white- so pretty and striking. Even if the inspiration picture didn't feature flowers, I love doing florals in this combo!


I also knew I wanted to show a few black and shite stripes too so I cut a diagonal piece of patterned paper for the start. Next, I inked up some beautiful new flower stamps that I just got and embossed them with shiny powder! The largest is red vellum and the small one is solid black. 


The beautiful sentiment is stamped in black onto a pretty shaped piece along with just edges of the flowers. I mounted this to the card before layering on the gorgeous blooms and some delicate polka dotted leaves. Bright and bold and oh so pretty!



Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
The Paper Studio vellum
Recollections vellum
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! Love the stripes and bold flowers... The vellum leaves are perfect! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Tara! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...