Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Mixed Media Fun!


Hi everyone! I like mixed media but usually just in small amounts, one thing at a time. Some watercolor here, some stenciling there.... not a lot of mixing of all the types! But recently I took a class with the awesome Vicki Boutin  at the Ready, Set, Create event and had the opportunity to try out her mixed media products and boy was it fun! 


We started with the gesso and then moved on to her super colorful art crayons and topped it all off with her stencils and fabulous iridescent glaze! We even got to use some of her stamps too! I am definitely a mixed media convert!


The whole class was based on layouts which I definitely DO NOT do but I knew I needed to use these  gorgeous works of art that I created along with the 'Inked Rose' and 'Carousel' paper collections that were included in the class. When I got home from the event I had the brilliant idea to turn them into a travelers notebook and inserts! The 12x12 sheets, even though covered in gesso, paints and glaze, were very pliable and strong. 



I picked out one sheet for the cover and cut it down to 8 1/2" by 11"for  a nice sized travelers notebook. I punched two small holes at the center top and bottom, and then threaded yellow elastic cord through each hole twice so the notebook could hold four inserts- two smaller notebooks and two folded sections made with the patterned paper!



The notebook inserts were made with the other two beautiful mixed media art sheets I had created. I added plain copy paper into one and some grid paper in the other and then sewed them each down the center with my sewing machine. Each has 10 sheets total so they have a good amount of pages for journaling or mementos!


I made the other inserts by folding and cutting the 12x12 paper collections and then stacking them together in an interesting mix. The 'Carousel' chipboard pieces, along with more patterned papers and sequins, are layered on the front cover for decorations! Please watch the video below, or visit my Youtube page so you can see all of the great details of this gorgeous travelers notebook!



Thanks for checking out my blog!  Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
We R Memory Keepers 'Inked Rose' 12x12 paper
sequin mix
sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...