Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Mosaic Sunflower!


Hi everyone! I have been a bit obsessed with sunflowers! And why not? They are big and beautiful and perfect for Fall cards! I have this lovely 'Botanical Block' stamp from Papertrey Ink featuring a sunflower which is beautiful on its own but I decided to give this one a little twist, however, and made it into a mosaic! 


The image was stamped onto kraft card stock with brown ink and then colored in with colored pencils which look amazing against the kraft! I then used a mosaic die to cut it into all of those tiny pieces. I added a dark orange frame around it to give it a little definition.


Once cut, I decided to give the image even more visual definition by raising all of the square pieces from the frame with adhesive foam. I think it looks stunning and so interesting! I mounted it onto a dark card base so it would really stand out and then added some strands of twine and a few crystals!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
craft store Kraft card stock
Kaisercraft gems

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love that die. Like you, I'm really into sunflowers. Truly lovely and time consuming work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...