Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Sunshine And Smiles!


Hi everyone! Fall is upon us and it is always such a gorgeous season! It brings to mind one of my favorite quotes- "Autumn paints in colors that Summer has never seen." I tried to capture some of those vibrant colors with these cards featuring the lovely sunflower!


Both cards are done in a watercolor style with one being a bit brighter than the other. I started with the more orange of the two and after inking up the main image of the sunflower, I spritzed it just a little with some water. It did soften up the edges and muted the colors. To keep with the vibrancy, I added in bright orange at the base of the petals, again spritzed with just a tiny bit of water. I topped the card off with a sweet sentiment and a few brown gems and sparkles!


I knew I wanted a much more muted look for the second card, so after inking up the stamps I gave them a liberal spray of water and pressed the image onto watercolor paper. While the first image of the petals was still wet, I stamped in the green at the base. I just love how the colors mixed together and went outside of the lines. After stamping the center, I did go back in with a tiny brush dipped in water to soften those edges as well.  


I rounded the sentiment stamp on my acrylic block before stamping it in dark brown and then deckle edged one side of my watercolor panel. This was mounted on some gold printed acetate for a beautiful look! A few bronze sequins were the finishing touch!




Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Recollections gold minted acetate
Recollections tiny gold beads
Kaiser craft gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...