Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Happy Easter Egg!


Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying these first few days of Spring! Easter will soon be here and I'm here to give you a bit of inspiration for an adorable Easter gift or decoration!


Easter is all about the eggs right?! And you might as well make it big or go home! This lovely box is an SVGcuts file and it is super cute and super easy to make. This box is in two pieces- a bottom half and a lid that lifts off. I cut the base of each piece in heavy card stock because I knew it would be holding candy. Then I used the beautiful 'Happy Easter' paper collection from Simple Stories to really jazz it up!


The colors and patterns in this collection are soft and beautiful and such an interesting mix of gorgeous patterns- perfect for this wonderful holiday! I opted to use three of the patterns-a lovely toile, a soft leaf print and a happy stripe! They all go together gorgeously!


Once I had the egg put together and covered with the pretty patterns, I made a tag layering a couple of the stickers included in the collection with more of the patterned paper.   This was added to the top of the egg along with a pretty flower sticker and cascading paper curls. Cabbage ribbon was put around the edge of the top piece, tied in a lovely bow and topped off with a couple more of the charming stickers!


This egg stands about 7 inches tall and can hold a lot of Easter sweets or even a small gift. This would look wonderful as an Easter centerpiece or it would definitely make someone smile  on Easter morning!

The whole Simple Stories Design Team is having a hop on Instagram and they are giving away a HUGE prize. Visit my Instagram page to hop along with us!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Cabbage Ribbon from Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...